tattoos

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

who what where when why wednesday.

q:

when was the last time you were pulled over?

a:

yesterday.
twice.


so, i get pulled over on my way to see the baby yesterday morning, right? 
sweet, kind state trooper let me off.  i was feeling pretty lucky. i happened to be talking to greg about the day's work load/what i'd be missing while i was away from the office.

and then, just before i left idaho, i was given the "dad" warning from greg. "be careful.  don't take any risks. i'm serious." so i set the cruise appropriately and sailed home.  i remember getting off the exit, being pret-ty impressed with myself for staying on cruise all the way home.  it's usually a little tougher when you get into the urban freeway space, but it was so late last night, there was hardly anyone on the roads.

ONE mile from my house.... i got pulled over for going 56 in a 45.

!@#$%^&*

i drove almost 600 miles yesterday at top freeway speeds and he caught me on the only stretch of road {six blocks, mind you...} that slows down to 45 mph. of course, it wasn't until we turned the corner and i was on a 55 mph road that he made the decision to pull me over.

*&^%$#@!

and then.... after writing my ticket and signing the paper work, he gave me the lecture:

"you know, this isn't the freeway.  i realize it's a newly constructed road..... five lanes wide.... but you really should slow down.  we'll be out patrolling and enforcing a lot more frequently now that the orange barrels are off the road."

to which i replied:

"i know, sir.  i am the public information officer on that project.  i probably made the request for the additional patrolling."

i only have myself to blame.

bah.

someone make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger