tattoos

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

nice? not nice.


i was in a conversation with a client at lunch today... talking about colleague of ours who is the sweeeetest, nicest, kindest.  "chirping birds start fluttering out of the phone when she calls.  she's like a disney princess" he said. 

my reply: "no one will ever say that about me."

statement of fact: nice has never been the word used to describe me
i don't feel bad about it, really. i get "loud" a lot... "organized", or "confident"... but never "nice". 

i show up to church most sundays assuming most everyone hates me {this isn't a new feeling} but i do my thing, reminding myself it's because i'm not as "nice" as the other girls, and carry on.

but never was it made more apparent than last sunday when the boys crashed the all girls hour... meaning the whole group was in one room.  all of 'em...

and NO ONE sat by me.
NO ONE in that ward likes me.
the WHOLE ward in one room.... and i had an entire row to myself.

now, that sends a message.

at least i'm organized.  and people tell me i have pretty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger