tattoos

Monday, February 14, 2011

celebrating the day.


february 14, 2011 is:

my dad's 57th birthday
my parent's 35th wedding anniversary
the day we're hoping sophia catherine comes to earth

my dad likes to hike in the jungle while my mom likes boutique shopping in paris. but those are details, really. my dad loves my mom, my mom loves my dad, my dad loves his kids, my mom loves her kids, and we all love the blood, sweat, and tears they've invested in keeping us whole and good, forever.

happy birthdaversary!

i think i'll celebrate with my personal favorite:
beto's + diet coke while painting my nails {a bright color of lovey dovey red} and watching the bachelor.
or, although some categorize it as a christmas movie, it is a romantic comedy and appropriate for this day: "love actually"

... reminding me of how refreshing and easy it is to be love-less on this day.

Daniel: So what's the problem, Sammy-o? Is it just Mum, or is it something else? Maybe... school - are you being bullied? Or is it something worse? Can you give me any clues at all?
Sam: You really want to know?
Daniel: I really want to know.
Sam: Even though you won't be able to do anything to help?
Daniel: Even if that's the case, yeah.
Sam: Okay. Well, the truth is... actually... I'm in love.
Daniel: Sorry?
Sam: I know I should be thinking about Mum all the time, and I am. But the truth is, I'm in love and I was before she died, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Daniel: [laughs] Aren't you a bit young to be in love?
Sam: No.
Daniel: Oh, well, okay... right. Well, I mean, I'm a little relieved.
Sam: Why?
Daniel: Well, because I thought it would be something worse.
Sam: [incredulous] Worse than the total agony of being in love?
Daniel: Oh. No, you're right. Yeah, total agony.

happy valentine's day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger