tattoos

Sunday, February 13, 2011

on this day: the final installment.

{pin}

i play this "on this day" game with myself all the time.  it's the freaking steel trap memory of mine.  a two edged sword, i tell you.  i don't forget things.  i can recite conversations, back and forth, word for word, from 10 years ago.  mom, when i die - send my brain to a science lab. 

it's great most times.  completely tortorous the others.  especially when a boy has done me wrong. 

and since my blog has no filter... and with that in mind... today's "on this day in 2010" is brought to you by that very thing: a boy who did me wrong.  it was rough, then.  but today, i'm laughing.  and thinking about all the really great stories it's brough to my blog this year. 
{like this, this, this, and this.}

on this day in 2010, the day before valentine's day... which, i was entirely willing to treat like a plain ol' saturday and forget it was the day people celebrate loving each other... the dude {i just can't bring myself to call him a man} i was kissing/dating/internationally traveling with at the time told me he didn't "care about us anymore" and that it "sucks to be the girl in this situation because we care more about that kind of stuff than guys do."  to which i replied "no, it sucks being the human being in this situation because we're capable of feeling human emotion."

and then what did what every twenty-something girl would do.  i emailed my boss to share in my misery, i drove to the redbox, rented the bloodiest, rawest, alien action flick and watched it with deer-in-the-headlights eyes until my boss and his wife rescued me for the night. 

that's so normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger