tattoos

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

who what where when why wednesday.

q:

how do you get yourself out of a funk?

a:

{i wish i had a cheaper answer.}
i shop.

i should have a really wholesome answer, like reading some scriptures, saying some prayers, or a visit to the temple. but i do those things... regularly. so, i feel a little entitled to say...

buying something {more often than not... more than one thing!} new makes me happy. along with the days following when i get to use my new things. clothes, shoes, expensive soap {my ultimate unnecessary purchase}.

it's completely expected of me, at this point. last time i was sad, my dad advised i buy myself a new pair of shoes. he knows his daughter well.

i love this - the original sighting of the term "retail therapy" {from a 1986 chicago tribune article}:

"we've become a nation measuring out our lives in shopping bags and nursing our psychic ills through retail therapy"

as long as we pay our bills at the end of the day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger