tattoos

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

two bodies in a bed.

my house is like the crossroads of the west. i call it the bennion bed and breakfast.
everyone i know passes through salt lake at some point and needs a place to crash.

lara came last weekend. she's a frequent and welcomed guest.

it's not so uncommon - in fact, dare i say, it's expected - that when my people come to visit, they share my bed with me. is that so weird? for girls... i'm going to say no.

carpool partner dave was jaw-dropped... silenced... and awed at the idea that we sleep in the same bed.

i've never thought of it that way. if i was real clever, i'd pull out the old home video from college and catch a screen shot of the time corrina caught me and lara perfectly spooned together in her twin size bed for a sunday nap. don't ask me how we got there. it was natural, i assure you.

i don't make it a regular occurance. i'm the girl with the big bubble. and as the only girl, growing up, i never even learned to share... especially not my oversized bed.

but what's the sense of putting my visitor in the room next door, when all we want to do it talk, catch up, and be together anyway? how awkward it would be to show her to the guest bed, close the door and retire to my own bed... alone.

despite what boys might think. nothing strange happens.

in fact, this is how it went down last friday.
12:30 a.m.
we climb into bed.

lara: "read to me"
aubry: "okay. a chapter or just a verse?"
lara: "whatever you want."
aubry: "then i'm reading the whole chapter"

.. and then, two verses into chapter 20 of mosiah, lara was dead asleep. and i kept reading.




i'll say, though. sleeping with someone is HOT. like, heat hot. turn the fan on, kick the covers, hot. i don't know if i can do it. not with two bodies in a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger