tattoos

Sunday, April 25, 2010

i can't help but share this story.

picture this:

i'm teaching sunday school
talking about moses and his israelite peeps wandering the desert for 40 years
manna from heaven
murmuring
you've gotta rely on your guide
yada yada

i compare the sitch to my trip to mexico
you know...
the one i took with
my dad
my boss
and the boy who was kissing me at the time

sitting in the room is:
the boy who used to kiss me
and a bunch of people who kind of, sort of know that we used to kiss
but only kind of sort of

the bishop's wife raises her hand and says
"wait, can you tell me... what's going on between you two. what's the nature of your relationship? i mean, you're not brother and sister, so..."
and then silence.

long enough for everyone in the room to feel the awkwardness
but short enough to stare at the other half of the sitch and make him answer

"we're friends" he says

glad we could clear that up... in front of all our peers
because, to be honest, i wasn't sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger