tattoos

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

wardrobe rules.

i'm to the point where all my peeps have "graduated" from my ward. young single mormon culture dictates that your single ward should be the center of your social scene. but, such is not the case.

i go to church by myself. sit by myself. do my thing by myself. i go to fulfill my calling, learn and learn and learn, and take part in the ordinances. i reeeeaaalllllly don't have any friends there... in fact, i walked into church last sunday assuming most everyone didn't like me... or that i was secretly the talk of the town. i don't mean anything sad or pitiful by it... that's just how it is.

BUT! ironic.

no one talks to me unless they're complimenting me on what i'm wearing.

i couldn't get three steps past the doorway of all girl's hour before the one of these assumed haters came rushing my way and said, "your sweater is to die for. where do you shop? you always pull it off... i wish i could do that!" and then another, and another... and before i knew it, i was surrounded {and completely overwhelmed} by girls i was certain didn't like me.

all i could think to do was deflect.

"it's a trick... my clothes don't match... i really don't work anything out... i pull three pieces at random and i'm done with it."

and that's the truth. if i could preach it to the world, i would. if all else fails, don't match. wear something green with something yellow. then throw in some magenta. don't be timid about it. and don't apologize for it.

when that girl said "some people can pull it off and some can't" i laughed... why CAN'T she pull it off? pull it off! do it! no one told me i was one of those people that could pull things off.... i just walked out the door that way.

and here's a secret, girls: if you think you're impressing a boy with your wardrobe - HE'S NOT PAYING ATTENTION. clearly... he's not paying attention. he wouldn't know if you were shopping at anthropologie or the buckle or if you won the tug-o-war match with the mexican in the clearance aisle at ross... he's not paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger