tattoos

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

my car.


i cannot think of a more unfulfilling thing to spend my money on.

registration, insurance, safety and emissions inspection, transmission flush, tires, windshield replacement, oil changes... all of it! money down the drain in my mind.

so. it's time to register the car. today's the last day of the month and i'm running a little behind schedule. my check engine light is on... but i've never been too concerned with it because i know why it's on and it's all a fake. but it won't pass emissions with a check engine light.

the guy at the place tells me what to do, but all of it requires a handful of inconvenient errands {so i can save a few bucks}. didn't he know i'm not always in it to save a few bucks? i'm in it to finish it.

when i whine about it to the men in my life, they don't understand my disdain for auto maintenance. they see what i should see... but i don't. while i see dollar signs that could be better spent on something that makes me look good or smell nice - something tissue wrapped in an anthropologie bag, they see worthy dollar signs thrown in a plastic bag, something greasy and oily that require time spent on the cold concrete of my garage floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger