tattoos

Monday, March 29, 2010

A great little town to get lost in...

As you know, we have guests from home visiting and so for their first weekend in the nam we were off to Hoi An. I had been there once before but it is an amazing little place. Now, when I say "A great little town to get lost in..." I don't mean that literally. I mean you sort of get lost in it's beauty. Lost in it's charm. Lost in it's history. Just look at the pictures, you'll see what I mean.

So we left Friday after school and arrived in Hoi An just in time to have a drink and hit the sack. The next morning we were up early and off to the tailor. Hoi An is known for it's millions of tailors that produce clothing for tourist in a matter of HOURS! It's crazy. Anything you want tailor made, you can get it there. In a weekend. And for a very reasonable price. So of course we spent some time picking out designs and fabric and having our measurments taken. When we finished there, we walked all over and I mean ALL OVER Hoi An. There wasn't a road left unvisited. The old city is great because all of the streets there are blocked off so only pedestrians are allowed. We also ventured out of the touristy area for a bit to find a "cache" with Sean. He is a Geo Caching enthusiast...I'm not sure what they call themselves... anyway, it was really cool and I can see Kelly and I getting hooked too!

What else? Oh yes. The shopping. On both Saturday and Sunday, it is safe to say that we made a few shopkeepers' days! We bought jewlery, art work, pottery, and clothes of course! We also ate in some fantastic restaurants along the river and at "Good Morning Vietnam" for a delicious Italian dinner! YUMMY!

Sunday brought us back to the tailor for fittings but it was kind of rainy and dull outside so we just continued to do what we do best - SHOP! Then, in the late afternoon, Sean and Christa were off for Hanoi and Kelly, Kristi, Tammy and I were headed back to Saigon for work on Monday morning. Overall, a great weekend. Lots of fun in a super little town. I can't wait to go back...but my wallet is hesitant!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger