tattoos

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

frog prince.

i flew into the office a little later than the norm this morning after hitting a construction meeting up north only to find a sweet little bundle of a present sitting on my chair.

call me crazy but i am DEATHLY AFRAID of opening presents. a long time fear of mine. {ask jen about the time her fancy-wrapped birthday present sat on the floor of my bedroom, haunting me for days and days. true story.} oh, the unknown... the anticipation from everyone else... the fear of what-if-i-don't-like-it-but-have-to-fake-it... the my-reaction-won't-do-justice-to-how-grateful-i-really-am fear...

oh, i just hate it. some people are secret eaters. i'm a secret present opener.

i'll never be cured, i am sure of it.

and so... i asked around... no one would admit to it... making it even more scary to open...

turns out, it was this:


a frog prince stone.

with a poem:

still looking for true love?
a handsome prince charming?
with so many frogs around,
the search can be alarming.

the agony is over...
your lucky frog prince is here!
kiss me quick and hold me close,
your handsome prince will appear.

i laughed. and laughed and laughed and laughed... until i cried {tears of laughter}. my co-workers really do love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger