tattoos

Monday, August 31, 2009

that was so 2008.

oh, how i long for the days of fun and leisure...

summer 2009, so far, looks like this:


orange, orange, orange. all day, every day.

summer construction has consumed my life. good thing i'm not in elementary school anymore, cuz the first-day-back-convo would have gone like this:

"i went to mt. rushmore with my family this summer {let's pretend a family trip to mt. rushmore would actually be cool...} what did you do?"

"i hung out on construction sites. i talked to angry strangers all day long. i got phone calls at midnight. i drove from one meeting to the next, always running behind schedule. emailing, texting, and instant messaging the whole way through the meeting, of course, just to make sure things back at the office were properly taken care of. i hung out in city council chambers most nights - explaining complex engineering and construction concepts to the average joe. and when i had nothing else to do, i hung out at my office until 10 p.m. catching myself up on the things i didn't get to do because i was in meetings all day."

i love my job, but whoa, i want a day of n.o.t.h.i.n.g.n.e.s.s.

and, so, dear friends... all of you who call and get my voicemail. who write and don't get a reply. who send me a facebook post and i don't write back... this is why. i love you all the same. i will be ready to talk when {1} you pay me for it - kidding! or {2} we reach 2012, the world ends, and i don't have a job anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger