tattoos

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Simple home design ideas

With Chinese New Year round the bend, many of ya might be looking for a home revamp. Here are some ideas to inspire you.


I personally love this "lining the back of the cupboard" idea bc it can be extended to many other items such as the inside of drawers, cans or jars that could do with an additional layering - basically anything that needs a sprucing up or be given a new look to. Plus, pretty papers are cheaper than a whole new shelf or wardrobe, right? I get my papier from the bigger store of PRINTS, located at Raffles City.

Other possible ideas include lining with cloth - those nice Amy Butler's fabrics are to-die-for, imo.

Jewelleries are a girl's best friend. I could not have agreed more. If I had not bought a ten bucks rack from IKEA that looks like Tree of Life meets Snowflakes Magnified pattern, I would have adopted this idea. Once again styrofoam boards are easily available (and affordable) from bookstores like Popular, you can determine the sort of fabric design to suit your room or house.

Idea could be extended to creating a message board for pinning up postcards or photos or simply just pieces of reminders.


This swing slash chained bridge structure is rather whimsical, though not as executable. If I could have my way, I would place a faux fireplace below the mirror - for storage purpose, while the top of the fireplace can double as a decorative space for placing trinkets or photo frames.

- the Fad girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger