女人來畫女人(Women Painting Women)是一個網站,集合了所有女性藝術家畫女人的主題作品,這和男人畫女人有什麼差別呢?如果請這些女性藝術家來畫蔡英文,不知會是什麼樣子?
Women Painting Women is an excellent art blog featuring just what the title implies, women artists painting women as their subjects.
As much as I like the fact that the blog has a theme, I find it almost irrelevant in that the site is a terrific resource of wonderful contemporary painters, thematic restrictions aside. Some of them are artists I’ve featured previously on Lines and Colors, others will undoubtedly be the subject of future posts.
Founders Sadie Valeri (my post here), Alia El Bermani and Diane Feissel have since March of 2009 been choosing a selection of superb artists, each represented by a single work, their name, basic information about the work and a link to the artist’s web presence. The images in many cases are linked to a larger version.I had to restrain myself from posting even more sample images than I have here; Women Painting Women is a cornucopia of terrific artists.
(Images above: Kerry Brooks, Michele Mitchell-Ostlund, Erika Grofton, Helen Masacz, Sylvia Ji, Lea Colie Wight, Betty Shelton, Rebecca Harp, Heather Horton, Stanka Kordic, Rebecca Alzofon, Susan Lyon)
[Note: some images on the site should be considered NSFW.]


No comments:
Post a Comment